Charltons are proud to be part of Grown in Britain week. Grown in Britain certification trademark proves products are British and what you buy is not imported.
All of Charltons Fencing and landscaping products use British timber, sourced as locally to us as possible. Timber and wood products labelled with
the Grown in Britain logo are from trees and forests that are legal and sustainable UK source and are assured as compliant with the Government’s UK Forestry Standard
Why is Grown in Britain Important?
- China is the only country that imports more wood than the UK
- Creates more jobs and grow the industry – managed woodlands boost the economy
- Long term environmental benefits – managed woodland provide cleaner air, reduce flooding and enhance wildlife habitats
- Only 13 per cent of Britain’s land area is wooded – well below the European average of 37 per cent
- Only 55 per cent of woods are properly managed
- We need to add value to the products we produce to substitute costly imports
Our trees woods and forests are fantastic for wildlife, the environment and great places for people to enjoy. They are also vital for the economy, providing jobs and an array of amazing timber and wood products that enhance our daily lives. Through Grown in Britain, it’s possible to support the many varied and positive benefits our woodlands bring and ensure they have a sustainable future.
Grown in Britain is now a staple feature in the assurance of supply chains with over 1 million tonnes of UK timber certified under the proud mark. Grown in Britain has 300,000 hectares of trees woods and forests within the scheme.
Charltons has recently planted over 800 trees locally and as part of the Grown in Britain week are also planting a further 30 trees through the Carbon footprint scheme